[FOM] proof assistants and foundations of mathematics

Arnon Avron aa at tau.ac.il
Wed Aug 8 02:52:43 EDT 2018

Maybe I am wrong, but I think that what worries  Jose
about Coq is the *mathematical* reliability, and even the consistency,
of the very complicated mathematical typed sytem on which Coq
itself is based.  Someone who has doubts about *that* will not fully trust
proofs in Coq even if he takes it for granted that its
type system  was implemented correctly, and no cosmic rays were affecting
its behavior either.

Arnon Avron