[FOM] Closure ordinal for Kripke construction?

Stanislav Speranski katze.tail at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 03:04:03 EST 2017

Dear Chris,

>(1) Is there a published proof of this?

I don't know where such a proof was first published. However, here is the
proof which I tend to prefer:

_______ (2017) Notes on the computational aspects of Kripke’s theory of
truth. Studia Logica 105(2), 407–429.
http://doi.org/10.1007/s11225-016-9694-8

The advantage is that the corresponding argument is both relatively simple,
involving only the basic machinery of constructive ordinals, and rather
general, applying to various valuation schemes (these include the strong
Kleene scheme, of course) and leading to a somewhat deeper understanding of
an interesting source of intensionality related to the weak Kleene scheme
(for which the closure ordinal depends on the choice of Goedel numbering,
as was shown by Cain and Damnjanovich in their paper from 1991). Hope this
helps.

Best regards,
Stanislav
-----