[FOM] late 19th/early 20th C women in foundations

Sara L. Uckelman s.l.uckelman at durham.ac.uk
Wed Mar 8 16:45:48 EST 2017

It's International Women's Day and I'm preparing for tomorrow's seminar
on formalism; these two things together led me to a question which if
anyone can answer, it's the collective knowledge of FOM:

In the late 19th/early 20th C foundational tradition of Cantor-Dedekind-
Frege-Russell-Hilbert, etc., were there any female contributors?  I
know that post-Godel there are certainly people writing on foundations/
philosophy of math, but I'm interested in people who were actually
working at the time foundational questions were being formulated as
well as being answered.

Thanks,
-Sara

--
Dr. Sara L. Uckelman
Department of Philosophy

The Dictionary of Medieval Names from European Sources
http://dmnes.org/