[FOM] Is mathematical realism compatible with classical reasoning?

Colin McLarty colin.mclarty at case.edu
Tue Jul 25 18:56:59 EDT 2017

The idea that "we should reason entirely in terms of propositions that can
be verified in principle by" any specified set of procedures is usually
considered a kind of verificationism and thus not realism.  It seems that
you are actually questioning whether mathematical verificationism (using
your specified means of verification) is compatible with classical logic.

Colin