[FOM] Reference request for category-theoretic presentation of forcing

Robert Lubarsky lubarsky.robert at comcast.net
Mon Jul 3 21:47:14 EDT 2017

The one back in my day was Blass-Scedrov, Freyd’s Models for  the Independence of  AC, AMS memoir, http://bookstore.ams.org/memo-79-404/.

A much more modern presentation, less tied to any considerations of set theory, and inclusive of constructive (i.e. intuitionistic) forcing, is Mac-Lane-Moerdijk, Sheaves in Geometry and Logic (Springer).

Given the example you cite (about CH), I’d think the former book is more what you’re looking for.

Bob Lubarsky