[FOM] 2nd World Congress on Logic and Religion

jean-yves beziau beziau100 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 03:10:46 EST 2017

This kind of work is indeed very relevant for our event Harvey.
I launched this new series of event in 2014 with my colleague Ricardo
Silvestre (also a logician).
The first edition took place in João Pessoa, Brazil, April 1-5, 2014
http://www.uni-log.org/logos
Our idea was not to have one more event on philosophy of religion but to
develop real interaction between logic and religion, logic having the first
place.
The idea of our event is not to have only applications of logic to
religious issues such as the proof of the existence of God (or
non-existence, or impossibility of such a proof, etc.), but to have
developments in mathematical logic inspired by religious themes.
This is the spirit of your proposal and you are most welcome to join us,
Our main partner for the second edition of this event in Warsaw next June is
Stanislaw Krajewski who has a strong interest both for logic and religion:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanis%C5%82aw_Krajewski
The event will take place in the main building of the University of Warsaw,
which is right downtown and has excellent facilities.
We expect a wide audience.
Everybody is welcome to submit an abstract by January 15.
Jean-Yves