[FOM] vagueness in mathematics?

Joe Shipman joeshipman at aol.com
Fri Feb 17 21:18:33 EST 2017

Surely we can agree that a primitive recursive function corresponds to a rule, that there is no vagueness about what should count as a primitive recursive function, and that the vast majority of rules mathematicians give can be represented as primitive recursive functions?

Vagueness is not thereby banished, but it doesn't seem like a central problem.

-- JS

Sent from my iPhone