[FOM] postdoc position in Ghent

Andreas Weiermann Andreas.Weiermann at UGent.be
Mon Apr 3 12:29:45 EDT 2017

Dear members of FOM,

The following may be of interest to some of you: there is a 3-year
position available in Ghent in logic or algebra or analysis, with the
possibility of an extension for another 3 years.

https://career012.successfactors.eu/career?company=C0000956575P&career_job_req_id=6722&career_ns=job_listing&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH

   (*) Apply until 04/18/2017 23:59 CET

ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY

Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000
people, it is actively involved in education and research, management
and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis.
It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers
great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than
100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are
grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent
University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.

YOUR TASKS

     At least 70% of your assignment will be spent on academic research.
     You will assist in teaching activities at the Bachelor’s or Master’s
level.
     You will counsel students in their BachelorÂ’s project, literature
study, seminar and Master’s dissertation.
     You will counsel doctoral students.

WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR

     You hold a doctoral degree (Mathematics) or an equivalent degree.
The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your
appointment.

     You have already conducted research within the fields of algebra or
analysis or logic
     You have distinguished yourself as a promising researcher in your
doctorate.
     You are profoundly interested in coaching students in the
Bachelor’s, Master’s and/or Advanced Master’s programmes.
     You may present relevant scientific publications in (inter)national
peer-reviewed academic journals that are widely disseminated.

WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU

     We offer you a three-year appointment, which may be renewed once
for three years at the most, on condition that the previous term was
given a positive evaluation. The term of renewal begins immediately
after the first term has expired. Attention: If you have been previously
appointed as a post-doctoral assistant at a university within the
Flemish Community, you cannot apply for this position.
     Your appointment will start on 1 October 2017 at the earliest. Your
     remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP5.
More information is available on our website.
     All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such
as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid
leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete
overview of all our fringe benefits can be found on our website (in Dutch).

INTERESTED?

Apply online via this application before last application date. Make
sure you upload the following documents:

     application letter
     cv, including an overview of your relevant scientific publications
(merged into one file of maximum 5 MB)
     a transcript of the required degree (if you already have it)
     for diplomas awarded outside the European Union: certificate of
equivalence (NARIC) (if you already have it)

We do not accept applications that are sent by e-mail or applications
that lack (one of) the above-mentioned documents.

As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity
policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.

MORE INFORMATION

For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Hendrik
Van Maldeghem, (hendrik.vanmaldeghem at ugent.be, +32 9 264 49 11).