[FOM] foundations meeting/FOMUS/discussion

Joe Shipman joeshipman at aol.com
Fri Mar 25 21:53:18 EDT 2016

Let's make this extremely concrete. I am going to pick two very well-known theorems of different levels of difficulty. Can people who think HoTT is a useful "alternative foundation" for mathematics please say whether or not

(1) the Prime Number Theorem can be rigorously proved using foundations involving HoTT and no set theory without significantly more effort than the standard development  requires, counting effort "from the ground up"

(2) the Fundamental  Theorem of Algebra can be rigorously proved using foundations involving HoTT and no set theory without significantly more effort than the standard development  requires, counting effort "from the ground up"

-- JS

Sent from my iPhone