[FOM] Cut elimination for second order logic

Aatu Koskensilta koskensilta.aatu.j at student.uta.fi
Sat Jun 11 08:25:57 EDT 2016

  Cut elimination for second-order logic implies the consistency of second-order arithmetic, as is well-known, so one would expect to find in your paper some indication of where the argument invokes this or that principle, or relies in this or that notion, that goes beyond second-order arithmetic. Presumably this is also what the referees were asking about. It would probably be a good idea to explicitly address this concern, if only to reassure potential readers that working through your proof, which I haven't studied in any detail myself, is not just an exercise in error spotting.

  Best,
Aatu Koskensilta (koskensilta.aatu.j at student.uta.fi)

"Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen"