[FOM] Fuzziness

Patrik Eklund peklund at cs.umu.se
Thu Jul 21 04:06:48 EDT 2016

On 2016-07-21 01:21, Kreinovich, Vladik wrote:
> While there does not seem to be a direct relation between fuzzy logic
> and neural networks, ...

The paper

P. Eklund, F. Klawonn, Neural fuzzy logic programming, IEEE Trans Neur
Netw 1992

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/login.jsp?tp=&arnumber=159071&url=http%3A%2F%2Fieeexplore.ieee.org%2Fiel4%2F72%2F4097%2F00159071.pdf%3Farnumber%3D159071

explains the connection by showing how the weighted sum can be
interpreted as an arrangement of logical connectives. It also shows how
a neural network can be understood as a set of rules in sound and
complete many-valued logic.

If anybody is interested in a copy and cannot reach it through the
website, just let me know and I will send a pdf.

Best,

Patrik