[FOM] Paper announcement, *free PDF* and AudioSlides

Klaus Ebbe Grue grue at di.ku.dk
Fri Jan 15 13:59:01 EST 2016

Dear FOM'ers

At long last*, we are happy to announce the publication of
Berline and Grue: "A synthetic axiomatization of Map Theory"
in Theoretical Computer Science.

Elsevier allows free download of the paper until
February 18, 2016, if you use this link:

  http://authors.elsevier.com/a/1SI9u15DaHmBG-

Follow the link, click the PDF icon near the top left
corner of the page, and you get the PDF.

After February 18, you of course have to pay a fantasillion
to get the paper.

Elsevier suggests sharing the link on social media,
and I suppose the FOM list is indeed a social medium.

When you are at it, you can get a five minutes AudioSlides
presentation if you follow the link above. It is to the
right on the web page, a little down.

The link above does not work from Firefox in Incognito mode.
Maybe other combinations of browser and mode also cause
problems. If you run into problems, there is a backup link here:
http://www.diku.dk/~grue/papers/synthetic

Map Theory is both a programming language (Turing complete)
and a foundation of mathematics (same or a bit more power
than ZFC). In the new axiomatization, what corresponds to
the cumulative hierarchy of ZFC is a *defined* concept, so
the proper axioms of ZFC are replaced by a single definition.

Cheers,
Klaus

* At long last = It took 16 years to write the paper plus
4 years to get through the review process. Thanks to the
reviewers (who probably read this list) for their brilliant
and invaluable feedback.