[FOM] Talk on Formal Verification

Josef Urban josef.urban at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 16:14:32 EST 2016

The problem is with "current computer technology". If I write a 1000-line
program that combines existing AI toolkits to do this, is it "current" or
"new"?

We do use evolutionary algorithms to improve theorem provers. Again, they
are very simple to program, i.e., to "build using current technology".

The particular Mizar proof by Grzegorz Bancerek is at
http://mizar.cs.ualberta.ca/~mptp/8.1.03_5.29.1227/html/wellord2.html#T17 .
I'd be willing to bet that in 20 years, a computer program (running on
today's hardware) will be able to prove it in 1 day when given all the
previous Mizar facts and their proofs.

Josef