[FOM] Transfer from Finite to ZF and Beyond

Harvey Friedman hmflogic at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 03:58:49 EDT 2016

The recent FOM posting

http://www.cs.nyu.edu/pipermail/fom/2016-August/020040.html

seems to be in the direction of stuff that I posted on the FOM in four
postings, dated 2/22/06, 2/25/06, 4/10/08, 4/14/08, and 1/26/09:

http://www.cs.nyu.edu/pipermail/fom/2006-February/009997.html
http://www.cs.nyu.edu/pipermail/fom/2006-February/010063.html
http://www.cs.nyu.edu/pipermail/fom/2008-April/012800.html
http://www.cs.nyu.edu/pipermail/fom/2008-April/012802.html
http://www.cs.nyu.edu/pipermail/fom/2009-January/013343.html

In the above setup, single quantifier comprehension is needed in order
to obtain the power set axiom.

Also relevant is

http://u.osu.edu/friedman.8/foundational-adventures/downloadable-lecture-notes-2/
3. Transfer Principles in Set Theory, May 7, 1997, 21 pages.

which transfers from N to large cardinals.

I have always meant to come back to this, but work in Concrete
Incompleteness has been taking the bulk of my time.

Harvey M. Friedman