[FOM] Counterfactuals in relative computability theory

Matthias Jenny mjenny at mit.edu
Wed Aug 17 10:28:33 EDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 12:10 AM Timothy Y. Chow <tchow at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> If you can give a coherent account of all this then I think that that
> should be the main focus of your work, since you'd be frying a much bigger
> fish than the vacuity thesis.

I still don't see why this is so. As I tried to explain, it seems to me
that the notion of mathematical precision that you have in mind is of
epistemological significance, not of ontological. It's only if it were of
ontological significance that it would matter for the question whether
algorithms are necessary existents.