[FOM] Counterfactuals in relative computability theory

John Burgess jburgess at princeton.edu
Thu Aug 11 21:59:39 EDT 2016

OK, I finally see what I was not understanding about your proposal. I
took you to be considering conditionals whose antecedents were
denials of mathematical truths, but you only mean them to be denials
of the Church-Turing thesis or things implying that denial. I still
don't think this is what the quotations mean, but I do see that
merely assuming validity effectively decidable even though not
decidable by a recursive function or a tape machine will not give in
any direct way the effective decidability of arithmetical truth.