[FOM] Friedman's challenge on HoTT-analogs of FOL=

Dimitris Tsementzis dtsement at princeton.edu
Mon Apr 11 23:16:39 EDT 2016

Dear Hendrik and Mario,

I don’t want to abuse your patience here because we might still be talking at cross purposes and I also have zero familiarity with Metamath. But looking at Appendix C in the Metamath book, it seems to me that the Metamath system can be described as a first-order theory; indeed, as expected, a quite simple one. So that, for me, still makes it a first-order way of manipulating strings of symbols.

So perhaps to get some further clarity: what do you understand to be a “model” of Metamath? (Also, what do you understand it to be a model of?)

Dimitris

PS: What I meant by “informal FOL” was simply what is done in Appendix C, but without being explicit about the details of the axiomatization.