[FOM] Adventures in Formalization (Scott)

Dana Scott dana.scott at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Sep 16 19:48:34 EDT 2015

Harvey Friedman has posted on this list three messages asking for
better developments in computer-assisted theorem proving.  This
call is very timely.  But before re-inventing the wheel, I would
like to suggest making an assessment of some existing systems.
In particular, the Isabelle system has some recent developments
which, I think, go a long way in meeting some of the demands
Harvey has made.  I went to the WWW sites and have edited up
some background descriptions and included pointers: