[FOM] response to Harvey's posting on the reverse mathematics of Hindman's Theorem

AD Brooke-Taylor a.brooke-taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Sep 3 03:50:55 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm no expert (just pattern matching "Hindman's theorem" with my memory!),
but I know that recently a student of Bagaria, Luz Garcia-Avila, produced a
"forcing proof" of Hindman's theorem:
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00153-014-0405-8 ("A forcing
notion related to Hindman's theorem", AML 54 (2015) pp 133-159).  I seem to
recall that it was motivated by Baumgartner's proof, but have no idea
whether it would have an interesting reverse-mathematical difference from
the previous proofs.

Best wishes,
Andrew

--