[FOM] Use of ex falso quodlibet (EFQ)

Tennant, Neil tennant.9 at osu.edu
Tue Sep 1 11:32:42 EDT 2015

Towards the end of his posting with this thread-subject, and because of his apparently continuing misgivings about Core Logic, Harvey writes

"I think another issue is that of cut. ...".

In order not to have to rehearse the Core Logician's answer to any question or objection Harvey might raise in connection with how the Core Logician formalizes mathematical reasoning without making any use of the cut rule, may I please direct the reader to the following earlier message of mine?

http://www.cs.nyu.edu/pipermail/fom/2013-August/017546.html

The latter message ended with "Exeunt ad tavernam"; apparently the resulting hangover has been of exactly two years' duration.  :-)

Neil Tennant