[FOM] free logic

Joe Shipman joeshipman at aol.com
Tue Oct 27 18:11:59 EDT 2015

Has inadequate attention to these issues ever resulted in failure to prove a mathematical theorem that was proved after more care had been taken?

Has inadequate attention to these issues ever resulted in a proof of a false mathematical proposition being published?

I think not, and that these issues are important only for mechanizing proof assistants (which is indeed valuable), but I'd be interested to be shown to be mistaken about this.

-- JS

Sent from my iPhone