[FOM] free logic

Mitchell Spector spector at alum.mit.edu
Mon Oct 26 03:36:47 EDT 2015

I think you're right, Mario.  Instead of taking "x > y" to abbreviate "NOT(x <= y)", we should take
it to abbreviate "(x is defined) & (y is defined) & NOT(x <= y)".  If we do that, everything works
nicely.

Note, incidentally, that there's no problem with expressing "x is defined" here; we can regard "x is
defined" as an abbreviation for "x = x".

Mitchell Spector