[FOM] The Open Logic Project

Richard Zach rzach at ucalgary.ca
Sun Oct 25 10:36:41 EDT 2015

You may have hear of it already, but I thought I'd announce the Open
Logic Project to the FOM list specifically.

We're working on an open-source, customizable, free logic textbook. The
project website is here:

http://openlogicproject.org/

The target audience is advanced undergraduate students without a
background in mathematics, in particular, we're trying to provide course
texts for courses in mathematical logic as taught in philosophy
departments. Right now we have material on naive set theory, first order
logic and completeness, recursion theory, incompleteness, and some model
theory. We're now working on expanding the chapter on Turing machines,
and are planning to also cover set theory and modal logic in the near
future.

Contributions in the form of reports of errors, additional exercises,
and additional expository material (your lecture notes, perhaps) are
more than welcome.

--
Richard Zach ...... http://www.ucalgary.ca/rzach/
Professor,             Department  of  Philosophy