[FOM] Forthcoming logic events in Helsinki and Tallinn - test

jean-yves beziau beziau100 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 09:46:25 EDT 2015

I recently wrote:
Logical Autobiography 50
http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-319-15368-1_2

published in
The Road to Universal Logic - Volume II
Festschrift for 50th birthday of Jean-Yves Beziau
Arnold Koslow & Arthur Buchsbaum  (Eds)
http://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783319153674

These two volumes will officially be launched at the 15th CLMPS in Helsinki:
http://sched.co/3uXN
Just after the symposium "Naming logic(s)" I am organizing there:
http://sched.co/31PW
This will be the opportunity to commemorate my birthday.
Everybody is welcome to join us.

CLMPS - Congress of Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science - is a
series of events launched by Alfred Tarski
the first one being organized at Stanford University with the support of
Patrick Suppes
As I recall in my autobiography
I had the pleasure to work with Suppes 2 years at Stanford (2000 and 2001)
We are now editinhg a book dedicated to him
http://www.jyb-logic.org/pat-suppes-1922-2014

Before the CLMPS in Helsinki there will be an intersting event in the
nearby city of Tallinn in Estonia
Workshop: 'History and Philosophy of Logic Notations'
http://www.ttu.ee/faculty-of-social-sciences/ragnar-nurkse-school-of-innovation-and-governance/department/the-chair-of-philosophy/history-and-philosophy-of-logic-notations-2/
with the participation in particular of  Volker Peckhaus, editor de
History and Philosophy of Logic
http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/thpl20/35/4#.VbYmFbPtlBf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
Jean-Yves Beziau
Visiting Professor University of California San Diego, USA
http://philosophy.ucsd.edu/people/visitingscholars.html
Professor of UFRJ - Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
and  Researcher of CNPq - Brazilian Research Council
http://www.jyb-logic.org
Editor-in-Chief - Logica Universalis
http://www.springer.com/birkhauser/mathematics/journal/11787
Logic area editor of the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
http://www.iep.utm.edu/