[FOM] 5ESTC: European Set Theory Conference, Cambridge (England), 25-28 Aug 2015

Benedikt Loewe bloewe at science.uva.nl
Mon Jan 5 07:55:30 EST 2015

F I R S T     A N N O U N C E M E N T

5th European Set Theory Conference (5ESTC)
Cambridge (England), 25-28 August 2015
http://www.newton.ac.uk/event/hifw01

The 5th European Set Theory Conference (5ESTC) will take place at the
Isaac Newton Institute (INI), Cambridge, UK, from the 24th to the 28th of
August, 2015.

The 5ESTC is the fifth meeting in a series of biennial meetings
coordinated by the European Set Theory Society. Earlier meetings were held
in Bedlewo (1ESTC, July 2007 and 2ESTC, July 2009), Edinburgh (3ESTC, July
2011) and Mon St. Benet, Barcelona (4ESTC, July 2013).

As part of 5ESTC we will celebrate the 70th birthday of Adrian Mathias
during the Mathias Day (Thursday 27).

The programme committee consists of Joan Bagaria (chair), Mirna Dzamonja,
Benedikt Loewe, Ralf Schindler, and Philip Welch.

Programme

Tutorial: Dima Sinapova (Chicago IL)

Mathias Day speakers will include the following:
James Cummings (Pittsburgh PA) Tentative
Lorenz Halbeisen (Zuerich)
Akihiro Kanamori (Boston MA)

The list of Plenary speakers will include the following:
Carlos Di Prisco (Caracas)
Peter Koellner (Harvard)
Peter Koepke (Bonn)
Itay Neeman (Los Angeles CA)

Invited speakers:
Gunter Fuchs (New York NY) Tentative
Victoria Gitman (New York NY)
Peter Holy (Bristol)
Miguel Angel Mota (Toronto ON)
Philipp Schlicht (Bonn)
Asger Toernquist (Copenhagen)
Lyubomyr Zdomskyy (Vienna)
Yizeng Zhu (Muenster)

In addition to the tutorial, Mathias Day, plenary, and invited speakers,
we shall have parallel sessions with contributed talks and we shall invite
researchers in set theory to submit proposals in a Call for Papers to be
sent out in February 2015.

The Isaac Newton Institute generously funds the conference as part of the
HIF programme http://www.newton.ac.uk/event/HIF and there will be modest
subsidies available for participants. More information about this will be
available on the webpage http://www.newton.ac.uk/event/hifw01 as soon as
more details are known.