[FOM] Gap in the original Hales-Ferguson proof of Kepler

Josef Urban josef.urban at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 14:54:00 EST 2015

I don't see a good reason why the machines would not eventually

- generate a human-level proof linked to the formal one (whatever the
methods for proof finding); this should include pointing out the ideas
interesting on the human level

- verify a high-level proof idea, and if an unusually big gap is
filled while doing that or if the gap is filled in a surprising way,
report it to the human author

- try to translate back from algebraic proofs to "intuitive" proofs of
all kinds if there is good link

We already have some basic methods for some of these things - like
estimating the value/interestingness of lemmas, but it's really just
the beginnings.

Josef