[FOM] Fwd: Midwest PhilMath Workshop 15 (MWPMW 15). Program

Martin Davis martin at eipye.com
Tue Sep 23 15:02:33 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michael Detlefsen <mdetlef1 at nd.edu>
Date: Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 7:33 AM
Subject: Midwest PhilMath Workshop 15 (MWPMW 15). Program
To: Detlefsen Mic <mdetlef1 at nd.edu>

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

The fifteenth annual Midwest PhilMath Workshop (MWPMW 15) will be held at
Notre Dame on Saturday, October 18th and Sunday, October 19th.
This year we are happy to welcome Warren Goldfarb, Joel Hamkins and Hugh
Woodin as featured speakers. Professor Woodin and Professor Hamkins will
speak Saturday morning
in a symposium on the foundations of set theory. Professor Goldfarb will
speak Sunday morning on Gödel's philosophical ideas.

The full schedule of talks and other information may be found at the
workshop website:
https://mdetlefsen.nd.edu/midwest-philmath-workshop/mwpmw-15/

We hope you can join us for part or all of the workshop. I want to say too
that you are all cordially invited to join us for lunch Saturday noon
and dinner Saturday evening as guests of the workshop. If you want to come
to these, though, please notify Mrs. Harriet Baldwin (hbaldwin at nd.edu)
(with a cc to me) by Friday, Oct 10th. We must inform the caterers in
advance of the number who will be attending.

The demands for rooms is also high in the hotels adjoining the campus.
Please therefore contact Mrs. Baldwin as soon as possible and reserve a
room.
As usual we will have some funds available to us this year to help defray
the costs of rooms for students. To qualify for this, you should have a
faculty representative
of your department contact me and inform me of the funding situation in
your department.

I hope you're having a good fall, and I look forward to seeing you at MWPMW
15, October 18th and 19th.

Cordially,

Mic Detlefsen

P.S. We are also having a reception Friday evening from 7:00pm-9:00pm for
those attending the workshop. This will be held in Salon A of the Morris
Inn.