[FOM] Leibnizian principles

Charlie silver_1 at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 14 15:16:48 EST 2014

	   It’s always seemed to me that Leibniz had to have packed relations into his properties.   How else would one object having only properties, be able to reflect all properties about all other objects in the same world.   For L., everything is relational.  So, more or less as Blum says, I think it’s right that if point x is in position A, and there’s a point y on the same line to the left of x, they are different points, for I think Leibniz would consider it a “property” that
“Point y is to the left of point x”.  I should add the qualification that I’m no Leibnizian scholar and that I’m sure I’ve oversimplified (or misinterpreted) much.