[FOM] New Umbrella?/big picture

Frode Bjørdal frode.bjordal at ifikk.uio.no
Sun Nov 2 14:55:42 EST 2014

With regard to the last of these links, I think Leibniz is credited
> for the general principle
>
> x = y if and only if for all unary predicates P, P(x) iff P(y)

​I believe Russell should be credited with the simplified definition

  ​
 x = y if and only if for all unary predicates P, P(x)
​only ​
if P(y)

​for impredicative environments. This is why I use the term
"Leibniz-Russell definition" in section 4 named *Identity* in Librationist
Closures of the Paradoxes
<http://apcz.pl/czasopisma/index.php/LLP/article/view/804> where the
related definition is adapted and shown adequate for the librationist
foundational system.  ​