[FOM] New umbrella? (Freek Wiedijk)

Bas Spitters b.a.w.spitters at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 07:26:21 EST 2014

Dear Paul,

Your paper seems somewhat imprecise on what "Set" is. I am guessing
some (Boolean?) topos. Perhaps you need some universes? I'd be
surprised if you were actually using *cumulative* set theory.

I agree with Freek that both Coq and HOL would give you a number of
obstacles to overcome. HoTT (plus classical logic?) may be the most
pleasant framework to actually formalize results like these in, but I
haven't looked at the details.

Best,

Bas