[FOM] Fwd: Alternative Foundations/philosophical

Sam Sanders sasander at cage.ugent.be
Sun Mar 2 19:36:46 EST 2014

Dear Nick,

In principle, I agree with the open approach you and Chow advocate.

However, things are rarely as simple in the real world.  For instance,
would you qualify the following work by Cabbolet (based on matrices with sets as entries) as a “foundation for physics”?

http://arxiv.org/abs/1202.2001

There was a huge stink about Marcoen Cabbolet’s PhD thesis in the Netherlands.

Would you say the Dutchmen were narrow-minded and closed as a community to act
in the way they did?

(I do realize Carnap was talking about FOM)

Best,

Sam