[FOM] Panel on "Inconsistency Robustness in Foundations of Mathematics" at IR'14 (http://ir14.org)

Charlie silver_1 at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 9 15:20:37 EDT 2014

 Dear Marcin,

	   There are lots of wild stories about Hippasus of Metapontum  Since most of what we “know” about the Pre-Socrates (many were  hostile to their views) comes from much later sources, there’s difficulty of determining the truth of his discovery.   However, for fun, check out lots of notions of how he found irrationals.  Was it algebraic, geometric,… ?   Come up with your own analysis!