[FOM] Ph.D. Position in Information Security at the University of Luxembourg
barbara.kordy at uni.lu
Mon Apr 28 11:51:56 EDT 2014
The University of Luxembourg seeks to hire an outstanding doctoral
researcher at its Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability
and Trust (http://wwwen.uni.lu/snt) (SnT).
The successful candidate will participate in the activities of the
SaToSS (http://satoss.uni.lu) research group led by Prof. Dr. Sjouke
Mauw. The SaToSS group is working on formalizing and applying formal
reasoning to real-world security problems and trust issues. The research
topics of the group include: security protocols, security modeling,
formal methods for security, socio-technical aspects of security, risk
management, privacy, verification, etc.
The position is within the national project Attack-Defense Trees:
Theory Meets Practice (ADT2P). ADT2P is a follow-up project of a
recently finalized project Attack
Trees (http://satoss.uni.lu/projects/atrees/). The main tasks of the
Ph.D. student will be to
- Develop techniques for efficient representation of large-scale
- Introduce algorithms for quantitative analysis of such models,
- Integrate the developed techniques with existing risk assessment
methods and tools,
- Implement the obtained results in a computer tool,
- Conduct case studies together with the project partners from
- Co-supervise master students.
The candidate is expected to have:
- A Master degree in computer science or mathematics,
- A proven interest in security,
- Background in formal methods,
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
The University offers a three year appointment (extension up to 4 years
in total is possible). The University offers highly competitive salaries
and is an equal opportunity employer. You will work in an exciting
international environment and will have the opportunity to participate
in the development of a newly created research center.
Applications should be written in English and include the following
- Cover letter indicating the research area of interest and your
- Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, work experience,
list of publications),
- A research statement addressing the topic of the position (max 1
- A short description of your Master work (max 1 page),
- Transcript of grades from all university-level courses taken,
- Contact information for 3 referees.
Applications should be submitted electronically via the on-line
recruitment portal of the University of Luxembourg at
Deadline for applications: June 22, 2014.
For further inquiries please contact:
Prof. Dr. Sjouke Mauw (sjouke.mauw at uni.lu) or
Dr. Rolando Trujillo Rasua (rolando.trujillo at uni.lu)
For more information about this vacancy please check
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FOM