[FOM] CfP Hypothetical Reasoning, 23-24 August 2014, Tübingen, extended deadline
psh at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Apr 23 09:39:12 EDT 2014
Conference on Hypothetical Reasoning
23-24 August 2014 in Tübingen, Germany
(In conjunction with ESSLLI 2014, http://www.esslli2014.info/)
Extended deadline for contributed talks: Monday, 12 May 2014.
If you are interested in contributing a talk, please send a one-page
abstract to Thomas Piecha at Hypo-CfP at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de. The
deadline for submission is 12 May 2014.
Call for contributed talks
Hypothetical reasoning or reasoning under assumptions is a key concept
of logic, philosophy of science and mathematics. This conference
focusses on its logical aspects, such as
- assumption-based calculi and their proof theory
- logical consequence from a proof-theoretic or model-theoretic point of
- logics of conditionals
- proof systems
- structure of assumption-based proofs
- hypotheses in proof-theoretic semantics
- notions of implication
- substructural logics
- hypotheses in categorial logic
- logical aspects of scientific explanation
- hypothetical reasoning in mathematics
- reasoning from definitions and axioms
We invite contributed talks on any of these topics. Contributions on
related topics are welcome, too. We especially encourage young
researchers, including students, to contribute. There will be 8 slots
for contributed talks (30 min) and 3 slots for shorter presentations.
Confirmed invited speakers include:
- Arnon Avron (Tel-Aviv University)
- Michel Bourdeau (CNRS, IHPST)
- Kosta Došen (Mathematical Institute, SANU)
- Paul Egré (CNRS, Institut Jean-Nicod, Paris)
- Andrzej Indrzejczak (Institute of Philosophy UŁ, Łódź)
- Zoran Petrić (Mathematical Institute, SANU)
- Francesca Poggiolesi (CNRS, CEPERC, Aix-en-Provence)
This conference is organised as part of the French-German ANR-DFG
project HYPOTHESES, http://ls.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/hypotheses/ .
The program committee consist of the members of this project,
Participants who do not want to give a talk are also welcome. In that
case please send an email to Marine Gaudefroy-Bergmann at
Hypo-Part at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de by 31 July to register.
There will be a small conference fee covering coffee breaks.
Organisers: Thomas Piecha and Peter Schroeder-Heister
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 6156 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
More information about the FOM