[FOM] Least Fixed Point Logic

Sandro Skansi skansi.sandro at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 21:02:38 EST 2013

First of all, thank you all for your help and suggestions! As for the
mu-calculus, I am not sure how it is related. My idea is this: obviously
the LFPL is strictly stronger than FO and strictly weaker than SO\exists
(at least if we assume P != NP). This means that it should be describable
in a fragment of the \lambda calculus (where does the mu-calculus fit in, I
am not sure), but to see which fragment, one would need to see a proof
system (at least that is the path that came to my mind). This is only a
rough idea, but this is the general direction of my research.
all the best,
Sandro