[FOM] Shinichi Mochizuki on set-theoretical/foundational issues

Colin McLarty colin.mclarty at case.edu
Sat May 25 21:11:08 EDT 2013

It is clear he sometimes uses the term "universe" this way.  But are the
changes of universe  that he invokes, meant to be changes of this sense of
universe?  Yamashita says explicitly (in his Q2)  that as he sees it you
can think of "change of universe" either as changing Grothendieck universes
or as switching to a different scheme theory within one Grothendieck
universe.

Colin