[FOM] CFP: Inductive logic and confirmation in science

Jon Williamson J.Williamson at kent.ac.uk
Thu Mar 28 10:30:23 EDT 2013

Call for abstracts: Inductive logic and confirmation in science

17-18 October 2013, University of Kent, Paris campus, France
http://www.kent.ac.uk/secl/philosophy/jw/2013/ilacis/

Invited speakers: Branden Fitelson (Rutgers),  Jan-Willem Romeijn (Groningen) and Pierre Wagner (Paris).

Please send extended abstracts (~ 1 page) to j.landes at kent.ac.uk by 30.04.2013.

We are very grateful to the British Society for the Philosophy of Science and the University of Kent Centre for Reasoning for providing financial support.

all the best,
Jon
Jon Williamson
http://www.kent.ac.uk/secl/philosophy/jw/
Philosophy, SECL, University of Kent, Canterbury, CT2 7NF, UK

     What's new?
     Project: Mechanisms and the evidence hierarchy, AHRC 2012
     Project: From objective Bayesian epistemology to inductive logic, AHRC 2012-15
     Book: Causality in the Sciences, OUP 2011
     Book: Probabilistic Logics and Probabilistic Networks, Springer 2011

Save our trees! Please don't print out this e-mail unless absolutely necessary.