[FOM] Is current computability theory intuitionistic?

Antonino Drago drago at unina.it
Thu Jun 20 17:03:01 EDT 2013

:
> As far as I can judge, the central issue in computability
> theory, Church Thesis (or Church-Turing Thesis),
> is meaningless from an intuitionistic point of view.

I remark that this Thesis is not meaningless from an intuitionist viewpoint.
(Incidentally, Why it is called thesis? Just
because it is not a theorem drwan from axioms, notwithstanding when it was
suggested someones tried to prove it).
It may be enounced through a doubly negated proposition, as Kleene did:
"Every general recursive function cannot conflict with the intuitive notion
which is supposed to complete." [Introduction to Metamathematics, Van
Nostrand, Princeton, 1952, p. 318-319; emphasis added]. This statement