[FOM] Psychological basis of Intuitionism

Kreinovich, Vladik vladik at utep.edu
Thu Jun 6 16:21:01 EDT 2013

Sorry for not being clear, I DID NOT mean to say that YOUR papers are dogmatic, what I meant was that old constructivist papers were often dogmatic, in the sense that they treated all non-constructive mathematical results as meaningless. Most modern papers on constructivism no longer do that, especially since it turns out that many non-constructive results from classical mathematics can be reformulated in constructive terms, by using appropriate double negations of existence and or, and by using pseudo-functions instead of functions.

And yes, you are right, there are different versions of constructivism, it could be computability, it could be something more general.