[FOM] Psychological basis of Intuitionism

Kreinovich, Vladik vladik at utep.edu
Tue Jun 4 18:08:41 EDT 2013

I think what you are describing is an old somewhat dogmatic constructivism.

A more plausible approach (which is sometimes called computable math) is not to claim that nothing non-constructive exists, but rather to analyze  what is constructible (e.g., computable) and what is not. For that, intuitionistic logic and mathematics are also very helpful; there are known rather subtle differences between constructive and intuitionistic math, but they are so subtle that they rarely appear in questions about constructability to different mathematical constructions.