[FOM] Seeking sage advice on terminology

Colin McLarty colin.mclarty at case.edu
Sun Jul 28 22:38:11 EDT 2013

When I write about proofs of FLT I always have trouble finding a graceful
terminology to distinguish proving FLT in PA versus proving in proof theory
that PA |- FLT.

I don't mean the conceptual distinction is difficult.  I mean I'd like a
cleaner terminology for it so i don't keep using "proof" to mean two
different things.  Maybe the literature I have been reading does have a
solution but if so I have not absorbed it.

Do people here have conventions they use?

best, Colin