[FOM] Con(ZFC) is trivial

MartDowd at aol.com MartDowd at aol.com
Wed Jan 23 12:56:33 EST 2013

Nik,

Links to my papers on new axioms and their justification may be found in my
 July posting,
_http://www.cs.nyu.edu/pipermail/fom/2012-July/016598.html_
(http://www.cs.nyu.edu/pipermail/fom/2012-July/016598.html) .

Regarding your question
> Do you base your comment about stringent justification on some  version
> of the iterative conception, or on something else?
Axioms may be added to ZFC according to stringent standards if they can be
justified in terms of "further extending" the cumulative hierarchy.  My
present methods accomplish this in a "stylized" manner which seems to me
nearly  as compelling as ZFC itself.

- Martin  Dowd

In a message dated 1/23/2013 9:14:10 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
nweaver at math.wustl.edu writes:

Please  clarify "stringently  justified"?