[FOM] Ultrafinitism - help!

Jean Paul van Bendegem jpvbende at vub.ac.be
Wed Jan 23 07:43:26 EST 2013

On my personal website - http://www.jeanpaulvanbendegem.be - there is a link to (personal) work on strict finitism and the last topic mentioned in the list has a pdf-file with a set of references, best wishes, Jean Paul (Van Bendegem)

>I have a student here who wants to write a fourth year (Part III) essay on
>ultrafinitism, a topic of which my knowledge is, as it were, *ultra*finite.
>Within 10 days i have to supply the faculty office a couple of paragraphs
>saying what the student should read and what sort of topics the essay
>should cover, which results should be proved, and so on.
>
>     Any enthusiasts out there who can get me out of this hole?

Jean Paul Van Bendegem
Centrum voor Logica en Wetenschapsfilosofie
Center for Logic and Philosophy of Science
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Pleinlaan 2
B-1050 Brussel
Belgium