[FOM] 511: A Supernatural Consistency Proof for Mathematics

Monroe Eskew meskew at math.uci.edu
Mon Jan 14 15:23:18 EST 2013

One informal conceptual environment could be one where Leibniz's principle of the identity of indiscernibles holds.  This is a philosophically plausible principle.  Although it is consistent with ZFC that every object has a definition, slight strengthenings of ZFC imply the existence of distinct objects that are not discernible with respect to any parameter-free first-order property.  Does this contradict the CONJECTURE?

Monroe