[FOM] Automatic generators for logic exercises/exams

Jacques Carette carette at mcmaster.ca
Sat Dec 21 09:50:29 EST 2013

I have (for truth tables and other discrete math exercises).  And
Wolfram Kahl (http://www.cas.mcmaster.ca/~kahl/) has as well.

Using automatic generation to generate exercises MUST generate the
answers too (otherwise this is downright cruel to the markers). Also, it
is the only way to ensure that generated exercises are of similar
difficulty.  In other words, all my generators work by first generating
the full answer, then 'reversing' it to generate the question.  This
makes it easy to ensure equal difficulty.

My code is in Maple (and a few years old), so might have bit-rotted.
Wolfram's is more recent and stand-alone, so I would contact him first.

Jacques