[FOM] A question on fields

Gergely Székely gergely.szekely at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 05:40:06 EDT 2013

Dear Shashi M. Srivastava,

That the theory of algebraically closed fields is not finitely
axiomatizable can be found, for example, in
- Dalen: Logic and Structure (http://books.google.hu/books?id=u0wlXPHATDcC),
see Corollary 4.2.13 on p.109
- Barwise: Handbook of Mathematical Logic (
http://books.google.hu/books?id=b0Fvrw9tBcMC), see Theorem 5.5 on p.119.
- Bell & Slomson: Models and ultraproducts, see Theorem 3.22 on p.101
http://archive.org/stream/ModelsAndUltraproducts/BellSlomson-ModelsAndUltraproducts#page/n109/mode/2up

Best regards,
Gergely Székely