[FOM] Simple and difficult

Joe Shipman JoeShipman at aol.com
Wed Apr 3 08:58:41 EDT 2013

My wording was imprecise, I meant (2) not refuted, but provably not a theorem, otherwise Ex~(x=x) would do.

I believe Harvey found a sentence whose consistency strength is a subtle cardinal:

There exists κ such that every transitive set S into which κ can be injected contains x and y such that x is a proper subset of y and x ≠ Ø and x ≠ {Ø}.

Does anyone know a simpler sentence of set theory which has been neither proven nor disproven?

-- JS

Sent from my iPhone