[FOM] Concept Calculus: universes

Harvey Friedman hmflogic at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 21:57:01 EDT 2012

I have placed a preprint Concept Calculus: universes here:

http://www.math.osu.edu/~friedman.8/manuscripts.html
manuscript #73, 32 pages, September 30, 2012.

Abstract. This is the second paper on Concept Calculus, following the
first paper that treats Better Than and Much Better Than. Concept
Calculus investigates basic formal systems arising from informal
commonsense thinking, establishing interpretability relations with a
range of formal systems from mathematical logic. Here we focus on
commonsense notions of universe, plenitude, and explosion.
Interpretations with PA, Z_2, Z_3, ..., ZF, and various large cardinal
axioms are presented.

Harvey Friedman