[FOM] logical correctness\ Pratt

Lotfi Zadeh zadeh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Nov 23 21:36:32 EST 2012

Dear Vaughan:

Thank you for the wealth of references. Given the tremendous amount of
information in these references, I am curious what would be your answers
to some ofthe questions which I posed in my message. Specifically:

        If it is possible that Robert is rich, what is the possibility
        that Robert is poor?
        If it is possible that most Swedes are tall, what is the
        possibility that few Swedes are           short?

In many real-world settings, we have a mixture of possibilities and
probabilities. Can you address the following question?

        If it is probable that Robert is rich, what is the possibility
        of the probability that Robert is poor?

These questions appear to be simple, but I believe you will find that
coming up with answers is not a simple matter. The questions are
intended to test the problem-solving capability of the theories you
refer to. I am awaiting with interest your solutions.

                    With my regards.

                    Sincerely,

                    Lotfi

--
Lotfi A. Zadeh
Professor Emeritus

Address:
729 Soda Hall #1776
Computer Science Division
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences
University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720-1776
zadeh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tel.(office): (510) 642-4959