[FOM] FOM; Re: Kreisel's 2008 paper

Irving Anellis irving.anellis at gmail.com
Mon May 14 14:16:16 EDT 2012

Prof. Roberts wrote: "Angus Macintyre, in his paper 'The impact of
Goedel's incompleteness
theorems on mathematics', refers to a manuscript being prepared by
Goerg Kreisel for the 2008 Herbrand conference in Darmstadt. Despite
my best efforts, I have been able to find out nothing about this past
what Macintyre hints at in his own paper. More frustratingly,
Kreisel's paper is described as 'indispensable ... background for the
appendix' of Macintyre's paper.

"Is Kreisel's paper published, or otherwise available anywhere?"

The paper to which  Macintyre had referred was to Kreisel's plenary
talk  for the Herbrand Centenary Conference, Colloquium Logicum 2008,
September 10-12, 2008, TU Darmstadt, Darmstadt, Germany

The title of Kreisel's talk was: "Aspects of Herbrand's thèse:
combinations with contemporary ideas and relations to foundational
perennials"

Incidentally, I received word several days ago from Macintyre by way
of Kenneth Derus that Kreisel improved enough that after a nearly
two-month stay he one was able a week ago today to leave the hospital
and move into a hotel.

--
Irving H. Anellis
8905 Evergreen Avenue, Apt. 171